CBD bath bombs are the perfect way to relieve tired, sore muscles and practice some nourishing self-care. Cannabidiol, or CBD, a non-psychoactive compound found in hemp, seems to be the new “it” ingredient for self-care products of all kinds.
If you’re interested in trying this new trend, try this DIY CBD bath bombs recipe at home! This easy process is not only fun, but it will help you make a large batch of CBD bath bombs at home to have at the ready!
There are few things a hot bath can’t cure, and when you add CBD to the mix, you’re sure to step out feeling refreshed, renewed, and super relaxed. Bath bombs are all the rage in self-care these days as they offer soothing relief, great scents, and a fun fizz to bathtime. No longer just for the kiddos, bath bombs are totally an adult luxury, and CBD bath bombs can make you feel like you’ve spent a day at the spa.
The magnesium in Epsom salt has long been linked to relieving sore muscles and joints when absorbed through the skin in a hot bath, and adding CBD to that can amp up the relaxing effects. Transdermal absorption of CBD, through the skin, is a great way to topically enjoy the benefits of CBD. CBD Salves can target muscles directly in ways that a CBD tincture can’t.
If you love CBD bath bombs and have been wondering how you can make one at home, we’ve got a great recipe for homemade CBD bath bombs! Getting as creative as you want, you can customize this recipe to suit your delights.
One of the best things about creating your own CBD bath products is that you’re also creating your own self-care ritual. When you put time and energy into making something for yourself, you’re likely to appreciate it more than something purchased at the store. The process from start to finish will change the way you see self-care! And don’t you want to treat yourself? The answer to that question should always be YES!
DIY: How to Make CBD Bath Bombs
By making CBD bath bombs at home, you have complete control over the scent, color, and how much CBD you add to your bath bomb. This is the best if you’re just starting to use CBD or if you’re a seasoned user. Getting creative and pretending to be a mad scientist in the kitchen will educate you on the benefits of CBD bath bombs and how you can use them in your life regularly.
Total time start to finish: 3 hours (setting), 15 minutes active
CBD Bath Bomb Ingredients
- Bath bomb molds (these are super fun from Amazon)
- 4 ounces baking soda
- 2 ounces cornstarch
- 2 ounces citric acid
- 2 ounces Epsom salt
- 5-10 drops of essential oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 100-200mg of CBD from tincture (store-bought CBD bath bombs have anywhere from 50mg to 200mg of CBD)
- 1–2 drops food coloring or mica color powder
What you’ll need handy:
- Mixing bowl
- Bath bomb molds
Now you’re all set to start making your own CBD bath bombs at home!
How to Make CBD Bath Bombs
- Start by combining all the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl (baking soda, cornstarch, citric acid, Epsom salt) and whisk them to remove lumps and until blended together
- Next, mix all the wet ingredients in a separate, smaller bowl. You may have to melt down the coconut oil
- Slowly begin to whisk in the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Go gradually as you add the liquid to be sure to remove any lumps and mix thoroughly
- The mixture will be moist but not wet. The consistency you’re looking for is like the perfect sand for a sandcastle. If it’s too dry you can add a tad more water, but be careful not to oversaturate the mixture as it won’t stay in the mold
- Add any food coloring and whisk it in
- Take the mixture and add it to both sides of the bath bomb mold so there’s a little extra. You want two sides to stick together when you place one on top of the other. Press them together until you feel they are solid
- Gently remove the top half of the mold so the mixture can set and dry
- Leave the bath bomb on a solid surface to dry for a few hours, or even overnight. If your bath bomb starts to fall apart, you can easily remix everything and start again, or just throw it all the tub!
You can repeat this recipe as many times as you like and customize it each time. It’s nice to have a stockpile of CBD bath bombs to go to when you’re ready to take a bath, rather than making a CBD bath bomb each time. These will store well in a cool dry place.
Making CBD bath bombs at home gives you total control over the amount of CBD you use. If you feel like you need some extra love for your sore or tired muscles, play with the CBD dosage until you find what brings you the most relief.
Regular bath bombs are soothing, but CBD bath bombs have tons of benefits that make regular bath bombs seem like child’s play.